News this past week:
- US economic growth disappoints as Dow Jones reaches 20,000
- Trump’s executive orders fail to stir markets
- UK High Court: Parliament must vote to trigger Brexit
- UK economy grows 0.6% in Q4
- Weaker yen boosts Japanese exports
Should Federal Reserve chair Janet Yellen deliver a surprise in her keenly-awaited Jackson Hole speech tomorrow Friday, one of the first places investors will react will likely be the currency market.
Ahead of the speech, Goldman’s FX strategist Robin Brooks has prepared an analysis looking at which 3 currencies one should trade to get the highest bang for the volatility buck on Friday, or as he puts it: “Which Dollar Cross Responds most to Fed Surprises? ”