News this past week
- Global bond yields rise in volatile environment
- Mixed US data ahead of Fed meeting
- Sterling falls after Chancellor’s comments
- European markets retreat as industrial production declines
- Reports of oil surplus sends prices lower
James Klempster (CFA) of Momentum Global Investments shares his view:
At last week’s Pensions and Savings Symposium at Gleneagles, Andrew Bailey, Chief Executive of the Financial Conduct Authority, spoke on the topic of pensions and long-term retirement savings: a macroeconomic perspective. Mr Bailey made a number of important observations on pensions and long-term retirement savings which serve to highlight that the financial services profession has more to work with savers to help them meet their long term financial needs. This is not simply an issue of addressing our current savings culture but of the overarching Financial Wellness of UK consumers over the long-term.