News this past week
- US displays lacklustre jobs creation
- Global manufacturing data yields mixed results
- European equities rise despite political rumblings
- Japanese equities rise over prospects of increased monetary stimulus
- Oil weakens following stockpile data
James Klempster (CFA) of Momentum Global Investment Management shares his view:
As we are now into September, the final month of the third quarter, it seems apt to reflect on a mixed summer. Clearly it has not all been plain sailing, with June in particular proving challenging for investors as they tried to navigate around the UK’s Brexit vote. The result itself, while surprising and disruptive in its immediate aftermath, paved the way for a broadly risk rewarding environment through July and August.