News this past week
- Gilt prices rise as BoE suffers from supply drought
- US July data comes in below expectations
- Encouraging economic data out of China
- EU waives budget deficit fines for Spain and Portugal
- Oil rebounds from its bear market
Alex Harvey, CFA of Momentum Global Investment Management shares his view:
Great Britain enjoyed a bumper haul at the Rio Olympics this weekend which saw the nation vault over the Chinese into second place in the medals table behind the United States. Team GB continues to excel in disciplines both in and out of the water most notably in the men’s gymnastics where Max Whitlock won our first (and second) ever Olympic gold medals in the sport.