News this past week
- Polls suggest lead for “Brexit”
- US payrolls show a mere 38,000 jobs added
- Poor week for European equities, while bunds rally
- Gold ends its losing streak; rallies on Friday
- Oil reaches USD 50 per barrel
James Klempster, CFA of Momentum Global Investment Management shares his view:
Today investors are confronted by a vast multitude of market issues, economic issues, political issues and so on. We believe that, while all of these are undeniably important, the key problem faced today is that the vast majority of people are on the hook for their own retirement and they are substantially under-saved. The age of final salary pensions is over and so the advice and investment process must focus on doing the right thing for clients: to enable them to retire with the level of wealth that they need at the time that they want to retire.