News this past week
- US manufacturing index lowest for over 6 years
- Dollar hits weakest level since June 2015
- Japan reports the largest trade surplus since October 2010
- Oil proves resilient after failed Doha talks
- Iron ore at 15-month high
James Klempster, CFA of Momentum Global Investment Management shares his view:
While positive headlines on the equity market were few and far between last year, they have made a welcome return in 2016. Nevertheless, as long term, valuation driven investors, the key question for us today is whether this positivity remains appropriate given how far the markets have come, the pressure on corporate profits and the apparent reliance on this uniquely accommodative period of monetary policy to prosper.