News this past week
- ECB lowers base interest rates
- ECB extends its quantitative easing programme
- Price of oil rises above USD 40 per barrel
- Iron ore posts record daily gain
- China’s trade surplus falls almost 50%
James Klemspter, CFA shares his view:
While equity markets were at the epicentre of the broad market sell off last year, all ‘risk’ assets were influenced to a degree by the nervousness. As a result some interesting valuation opportunities have emerged. Naturally one’s interest is drawn to those markets which have suffered the most, such as certain equity regions or sectors, but away from the spotlight some interesting opportunities in fixed income have emerged.